1. Which colour can bring peace into our mind and body
A. B. C.
2. What makes Susan unhappy
A. B. C.
3. When did Simon come back home yesterday
A. B. C.
4. How does Millie learn about the world now
A. B. C.
5. Which of the following is NOT Davids good quality
A. Hard-working. B. Confident. C. Outgoing.
6. What skills have been improved through the conversations with friends
A. Reading skills. B. Speaking skills. C. Writing skills.
7. What do youth workers do
A. They help young people solve problems.
B. They write books for young people.
C. They teach young people how to write.
8. Why does the girl feel unhappy
A. Her father does not love her.
B. Her father is strict with others.
C. Her father is kinder to others.
9. How did the man arrive in Hainan
A. By train. B. By plane. C. By bus.
10. How long has Mr. Green worked in this school
A. For about ten years. B. Since 1995. C. Since fifteen years ago.
11. How many problems does the man have
A. One. B. Two. C. Three.
12. What suggestions does Mrs. Smith give him
A. Dont worry about it. He can eat anything he likes.
B. Search the Internet and it wi ll help him solve his problem.
C. Invite his friends to eat fast food.
Telling the truth
Why did people around Mark dislike him 13
What would he think of when he wanted to do something bad 14
Why could Mark be a popular one 15
13. A. He was lazy. B. He drank too much. C. He had many bad habits.
14. A. The people around him. B. His promise C. His father.
15. A. He gave up all his bad habits.
B. He didnt steal(偷) anything any more.
C. His neighbours helped him.
16. Listening to the teacher is ▲ for students to learn.
A. the best way B. the worst way C. not the only way
17. Which of the following ideas do you think is TRUE
A. It is a difficult way to learn from the teacher.
B. Every student is teaching himself when he is learning something.
C. All the students know how to teach themselves very well.
18. In teaching yourself, the first thing you must do is ▲ .
A. writing B. listening C. reading
19. A clever student is usually good at ▲ .
A. asking questions B. answering questions C. asking others
20. If you want to succeed, youd better learn ▲ .
A. your lessons in the classroom
B. how to teach yourself
C. how to ask questions
21. Jane never dreamed of receiving a letter from a girl ▲ her own age in Holland.
A. of B. with C. at D. for
22. I prefer ▲ her some presents ▲ her some money.
A. to buying;to giving B. to buy;to give
C. buy;give D. buying;to giving
23. Look! Hes running so fast! Hard to ▲ his legs were once broken.
A. know B. think C. imagine D. understand
24. Youd better not ▲ . It is very bad for your health.
A. stay up late B. stay awake C. stay out late D. stay away
25. I hear ▲ your grandpa ▲ your grandma likes watching Beijing Opera.
Right, just as many old people do in our city.
A. both; and B. either; or C. neither; nor D. not only; but also
26. ▲ talking about your plan for next week That would be nice.
A. Why dont B. What about C. Shall we D. Why not
27. Thanks for your help. I never could have made it without you.
A. Dont mention it. B. Never mind. C. Im sorry. D. Good idea.
28. Do you know ▲ the Jiangsu team performed in the semi-final of Dictation Assembly
of Chinese Characters (汉字听写大会)
On October 4th ,2013.
A. that B. what C. when D. if
29. Move our eyes quickly over the text to look for some information when we read. Which of the following reading skills do we use
A. Skimming. B. Scanning.
C. Predicting. D. Guessing word meaning.
30. What else did Peter ask you about the trip to Jurong
He asked me ▲ .
A. what did we get ready for for the trip
B. when we will visit the Statue of Laozi
C. how long would they stay at the Memorial Hall of the New Fourth Army
D. whether she could go to Huayang Park alone on the second day
Each year, thousands of Chinese middle school students go to study in foreign countries such as the US, the UK, Australia and Japan.
Chinese children hope very much to go 31 to get a wider view (视野) of the world. said Chen Yi, a Chinese writer who has lived in America for 16 years. In a talk Chen told more than 300 parents and their children that life in foreign countries can be 32 for young people. They have to meet a culture shock and language problems.
However, these are not the most difficult things. To most children looking after themselves when studying alone in a foreign country is a big 33 .
Zhang Jia, a 16-year-old student, began to study in a high school in Sydney, Australia last October. To his surprise, his teachers there 34 pushed students to study. And 35 there wasnt homework. With these education systems (体制), we have more 36 time and more space for thinking. said Zhang. But if you dont know how to 37 your time and money, you will not have an easy time. Some of his friends spent their whole years money in the first two months of the term, and they didnt pass their exams.
Studying abroad at a young age can help students learn a foreign language 38 and open up their eyes, but students and parents should know about the challenges, Chen said. 39 you want to study abroad, try to talk to someone with 40 in foreign countries. Make sure that you are ready for it.
31. A. abroad B. foreign C. home D. school
32. A. easy B. happy C. sad D. hard
33. A. challenge B. thought C. difference D. change
34. A. ever B. always C. hardly D. almost
35. A. yet B. usually C. just D. never
36. A. safe B. busy C. boring D. spare
37. A. take B. plan C. use D. have
38. A. carefully B. quickly C. happily D. exactly
39. A. Unless B. Whether C. If D. While
40. A. confidence B. knowledge C. information D. experience
Do you feel tired sometimes Nowadays, stress is everywhere in our daily life. Not just men, women and young people also suffer from stress.
There are many causes, such as: death, marriage, money, moving house, changing jobs, ending relationships.
So how do you know if you suffer from stress Do the Stress Test and find out!
Do you Yes No
1. often sleep badly
2. get headaches a lot
3. find it difficult to relax
4. need alcohol (酒精) or cigarettes to keep calm
5. usually hide your feeling
6. find it difficult to put your heart into something
7. take sleeping pills
8. get angry when things go wrong
If you have more than two Yes among these questions, you are suffering from stress. So what can you do about it
Doing yoga (瑜伽), chewing gum and playing with worry beads (念珠) are all common ways of relieving (减轻) stress. However, doctors now say that there are simpler ways. They say that people should laugh and smile more often. When you laugh and smile, your body relaxes. They also say that peopleand especially menought to cry more often, because cry ing is the natural way of relieving stress.
41. From the passage, we can know that ▲ .
A. many soc ial problems can cause stress
B. young people suffer more from stress than the old
C. doing yoga is the most useful way to relieve stress
D. if all the answers are yes, you are suffering from stress
42. You may suffer from stress if you ▲ .
A. never depend on alcohol or cigarettes B. can sleep without sleeping pills
C. often communicate with anyone else D. easily get angry when things go wrong
43. Which of the following is NOT a way to relieve stress
A. Doing yoga. B. Taking sleeping pills.
C. Laughing and crying. D. Playing with worry beads.
A new product the Apple Watch into the market. Last year, the watch was firstly introduced by Tim Cook, Apples CEO. The price of the watch is from $349 to $1,099, depending on its size and whether it is a sports or regular one.
Apple engineers and designers have put in a lot of thought and hard work into creating this small screen on your wrist(手腕). The sensor(传感器) on the screen not only finds your finger, but also knows the difference between when you are tapping(轻触), and when you are pressing hard er.
The watch also has haptic feedback(触觉反馈). You can s end personal messages to your friend such as drawing a star or a special sign with your fingers, or tapping the watch, say 3 times, and your friend will receive those taps on their wrist.
Besides telling the time, the watch will use Bluetooth to connect with your iPhone and show calls or text messages that come in.
According to Tim Cook, the watch may open up a whole new area of applications(应用) that we had never thought of. Some car f actories like BMW have developed an app that allows its car owners to open their cars with the watch. A Hotels app may allow you to open the door to your hotel room without worrying about losing the smart-card. And finally, even at the airportpassengers may be able to simply wave their wrist to check into their flight.
The biggest use of the watch, however, is as your personal fitness coach. The watch can show your pulse (heartbeat) using a sensor at the bottom of the watch. It also has the same sensor as your iPhone, so it knows when you are moving, and also how much you are walking or running. It will remind you if you have been sitting for too long without taking exercise.
44. We can learn from the passage that the Apple Watch ▲ .
A. is designed by Tim Cook
B. was brought into the market last week
C. sells at different prices for different colors
D. can show your pulse and knows when you are moving.
45. With apple watch, you can ▲ .
A. develop your own personal app
B. connect your iPhone with your iPad
C. receive personal messages from your friends iPhone
D. send personal messages to your friends apple watches
46. Many businesses help push for the uses of apple watch EXCEPT ▲ .
A. hospitals B. hotels C. airlines D. car factories
Too many people want others to be their friends, but they dont give friendship back. That is why some friendships dont last very long. To have a friend, you must learn to treat your friend the way you want your friend to treat you. Learning to be a good friend means learning three rules: be honest; be generous; be understanding.
Honesty is where a good friendship starts. Friends must be able to trust each other. If you dont tell the truth, people usually find out. If a friend finds out that you havent been honest, you may lose your friends trust. Good friends always speak and act honestly.
Generosity means sharing an d sharing makes a friendship grow. You dont have to give your lunch money or your clothes, your hobbies or your interests. Naturally you will want to share your ideas and feelings. These can be very useful to a f riend. They tell your friend what is important to you. By sharing them, you help your friend know you better.
Sooner or later everyone needs understanding and help with a problem. Something may go wrong at school. Talking about the problem can make it easier to solve. Turning to a friend can be a first step in solving the problem. So to be a friend you must listen and understand. You must try to put yourself in your friends place so you can understand the problem better.
No two friendships look the same exactly. But all true friendships have three things in common. If you plan to keep your friendships, you must practice honesty, generosity and understanding.
47. Some friendships dont last very long because ▲ .
A. they dont know friendship is something serious
B. there are too many people who want to make friends
C. those who give others friendships receive friendships from ot hers
D. those who never give others friendships receive no friendship from others
48. According to the passage, honesty is ▲ .
A. something to share B. the base (基础) of a friendship
C. as important as money D. more important than anything else
49. What does the word them refer to in the third paragraph
A. your ideas and feelings. B. your hobbies and interests.
C. your lunch money. D. your clothes.
50. The best title of this passage is ▲ .
A. How to Be a Friend B. Honesty Is the Best Habit
C. Three Important Points in Life D. A Friend in Need Is a Friend Indeed
51. Your idea is very ▲ (value). I think its of great help to me.
52. Mary is a cheerful girl and she has fewer ▲ (worry) than her classmates.
53. Tom was punished by his parents because of his ▲ (careless).
54. Some children in other parts of the world still live in fear of ▲ (they) lives.
55. September 3rd, 2015 was a(n) ▲ (usual) day. We held a military parade(阅兵式) to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the victory of the world anti fascist war.
56. Perhaps no one has known the ▲ (原因) of this kind of disease so far.
57. Alice is full of energy and does not mind doing ▲ (额外的) work for you.
58. Our English teacher gives us a great deal of ▲ (建议) on how to remember words.
59. President Xi said the ▲ (友谊) between China and the UK would have a bright future.
60. Its reported that the teachers of Hengshui High School are ▲ (严格的) in English handwriting than in many other schools.
61. Boys and girls, you should pay attention to ▲ (pronounce) this word correctly.
62. The young player ▲ (remain) there for several years if the NBA takes notice of him.
63. The boy asked his father if the earth ▲ (move) around the sun in surprise.
64. I ▲ (force) to take a taxi to my office because the last bus left ten minutes ago.
65. You cant imagine how much difficulty the company had ▲ (offer) the graduates more jobs.
As we celebrate the Year of the Sheep, some of you may have heard some superstitions(迷信) about this animal sign.
It is said that people born in the Year of the Sheep have a difficult life. Thats because sheep are gentle and k 66 . Therefore, many Chinese people would try to avoid getting married or giving birth d 67 the Year of the Sheep. But is this all really true
Of course, it doesnt make sense, a 68 to Wang Juan, a folklore expert, in ancient China, yang was c 69 to good luck and happiness. In the book Shuowenjiezi(《说文解字》)the first Chinese d 70 to explain charactersthe writer Xu Shen from Eastern Han dynasty said that yang means xiang. And now many Chinese characters with yanga 71 mean something good, for example, xian and mei.
Today many famous people who were b 72 in the Year of the Sheep live very good lives,
i 73 US Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang.
What kind of life you will have depends on many things, including how hard you study now and the career you want when you g 74 up. In fact, animal signs are of little i 75 . The really important thing for you is to develop a good personality along with your own skills.
For hundreds of years, scientists have been trying to answer what things have an effect on peoples emotions (情感). How you feel is controlled by many things. Your emotions can be affected by your personality, the actions of others and the events around you. Perhaps you dont know your emotions can be influenced by the weather as well.
People often say they feel good when the sun is shining and sad when it is cloudy. In fact, sunlight makes us feel good. When sunlight hits our skins, our bodies produce a vitamin. Vitamins are chemical substances (化学物质) which we all need to stay healthy. Sunlight helps our bodies produce vitamin D. Vitamin D helps our bodies make a special chemical substance. This special chemical substance affects our brains(大脑) and makes us feel happy. For example, there are long, dark winters of little sunlight in Sweden and Norway, so many people in these countries often feel sad. Without much sunlight, their bodies produce less vitamin D. Without enough vitamin D, their bodies make less of this special chemical substance which makes them feel good. To help the people in these countries feel better, special sunrooms with artificial(人造的) lights have been built. People can go there and get sunlight for an hour or two!
The weather can also affect peoples emotions in other ways. Hot weather can make people angry because people feel uncomfortable when it is hot. In the same way, rain can make people angry because being wet can be unpleasant. As you can see, the weather can have an effect on the chemical substances which control our brains. Through these ways, the weather can influence our emotions. Sadly , while the weather can change us, we can hardly change the weather.
The 76 influences peoples emotions
What influen ces peoples emotions Your 77 , the actions of others, the events 78
you and the weather
79 are our emotions influenced by the weather ▲ 80
Our bodies produce a chemical substance when sunlight hits our skins. Then it makes us feel 81 .
▲ Hot weather
It can make people feel uncomfortable when it is hot.
▲ 82 weather
Being wet can be so unpleasant that we feel angry.
83 The weather can influence our emotions 84 it
influences the chemical substances that control our brains.
The weather can change us, but we can do 85 to change the weather.
假如你是Zhang Li，在英语学习中遇到了以下问题，请你给英语报社编辑Mr. Friend发一封电子邮件，向他咨询并希望得到他的帮助。
My problems 1. 对学习英语不感兴趣;
Dear Mr. Friend，
Im very pleased to write to you.
1-5 ACABA 6-10 BACAB 11-15 BBCBA 16-20 CBCAB
21-25 ADCAD 26-30 BACBD
31-35 ADACB 36-40 DBBCD
41-45 DDBDD 46-50 ADBAA
51. valuable 52. worries 53. carelessness 54. their 55. unusual
56. cause 57. extra 58. advice 59. friendship 60. stricter
61. pronouncing 62. will remain 63. moves 64. was forced 65. offering
66. kind 67. during 68. according 69. connected 70. dictionary
71. also 72. born 73. including 74. grow 75. importa nce
76. weather 77. personality 78. around 79. How 80. Sunlight
81. happy 82. Wet/ Rainy 83. Conclusion 84. because 85. nothing
One possible version: (omitted)